Sponsor a DBA Concert (or Two?)
An enthusiastic lunchtime crowd gathers for a noontime Blue Sky Concert.
DBA Concert Sponsorship Opportunities
Now in their second decade, the Concerts on the Square and Blue Sky Concerts provide free musical entertainment for residents of Decatur and surrounding communities.
Each concert series is sponsored by a local bank. Co-sponsorships for the individual concerts are available to DBA member businesses. These co-sponsorships offer a great opportunity to advertise your business to the ever-widening community of concert-goers drawn to Decatur by these popular events.
Details and Sponsor Agreement (.doc)
Concerts on the Square
Every Saturday in May and September from 7-9:30 pm.
2012 Concert Dates
May 5, 12, 19, 26
September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
Saturday concerts for one month (four concerts): $1,400, or
Entire year, May and September (eight concerts): $2,500
Blue Sky Concerts
Every Wednesday in May and September from noon to 1 pm.
2012 Concert Dates
May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
September 5, 12, 19, 26
Wednesday concerts for one month (four concerts): $600, or
Entire year, May and September (eight concerts): $1,000
- Named on the printed fliers and posters used to advertise the series.
- Invited to bring materials for display and distribution at the DBA volunteer table set up at every concert.
- Identified in the Decatur Focus, the newsletter that is mailed to every resident and business owner in the city of Decatur.
- Recognized on two banners placed at the community bandstand during the sponsored concert(s).
- Thanked by name at the introduction and intermission of every concert and DBA meeting.
- Invited to the bandstand at intermission to say special words of welcome and to help with the drawing of giveaways offered by our businesses.
- Saturday Concert sponsors receive the potential added benefit of sponsoring concerts that occur during the Decatur Green Fest on May 7, the Decatur Arts Festival on May 28 and the Decatur Book Festival over Labor Day weekend.
Each Saturday evening concert attracts 850-1,000 people, diverse in age, race and lifestyle, to the Community Bandstand and the Old Courthouse lawn. Each Wednesday noontime concert attracts approximately 300-350 people – community residents, employees on lunch break from neighboring businesses, and jurors, attorneys, clients and staff from the nearby DeKalb County courthouse.
Audience surveys reveal that the majority of concert-goers live in the 30030, 30032, 30002 and 30307 zip codes. However, survey forms show that people from Buckhead, Stone Mountain, Tucker, Dunwoody, Roswell, Alpharetta, Marietta and Gwinnett County also attend.
To be included as a co-sponsor on posters, banners and in press releases for the May concert series, confirmation of sponsorship and camera-ready logos are needed by April 1. For the September concert series, confirmation is needed by Aug. 1. Payments are also due at those times.
To become a co-sponsor, contact the DBA Concerts Committee co-chairs:
Suellen Germani/Creative Order, email@example.com
Melanie Funk/Decatur First Bank, firstname.lastname@example.org